No ice cream machine? No problem! This easy no-churn vanilla ice cream recipe is silky smooth and doesn't require an ice cream machine!
Well, we all knew it was bound to happen. I couldn't wait to try out another homemade ice cream recipe and share it with all of you!
This time, instead of dark chocolate ice cream, you get classic vanilla! Excited yet?
Although I love my chocolate ice cream more than anything in the world (besides maybe my husband), this vanilla ice cream has that perfect vanilla flavor. Not too strong, but definitely present.
You know what would go great with this ice cream? Some peach crisp! The choice is up to you, but I would highly recommend pairing this ice cream with some sweet baked fruit dish. 🙂
Why This Vanilla Ice Cream Is Flawless:
- You don't need some fancy ice cream machine to make it.
- It's smooth, silky, and tastes better than store bought ice cream.
- Easily pair it with any topping you like.
- Only requires three ingredients.
Can You Make Ice Cream Without Churning?
This question is asked a lot: Can you really make ice cream without an ice cream machine or without churning it? Believe me, I've asked this question many times in the past. But now I can confidently say, yes you can!
No-churn ice cream is super popular because of how easy it is to make at home. Heavy cream is one of your main ingredients for making this happen. Essentially you whip it up as if you were making whipped cream and then you fold it into sweetened condensed milk, which is the other main ingredient.
Then you freeze it in a loaf pan and in about four hours you'll have ice cream!
I highly recommend mixing the vanilla extract into the sweetened condensed milk before adding the whipped cream, especially if you're trying to make vanilla ice cream.
Baking Tips Before Starting:
- Bread Pan: This recipe fits perfectly into a 9x5 inch bread pan, so I highly recommend freezing it this way.
- Combining Ingredients: When you fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk, make sure that both of these ingredients are fully incorporated with each other before freezing. If not, they will separate during freezing and you'll have less than pleasant ice cream (definitely happened to me, once).
Ingredients In No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
Three simple ingredients is all you'll need to make homemade ice cream!
- Heavy Cream: Provides creaminess, body, and structure for the ice cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Used for sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: The vanilla flavor for the ice cream.
How To Make Easy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream From Scratch:
- In an electric stand mixer, mix the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes).
- In a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Use a silicone spatula to scoop some of the whipped cream into the bowl. Fold together gently. Then add the rest of the whipped cream, folding until smooth and fully combined.
- Spread into your loaf pan and cover with foil. Freeze for at least four hours (overnight is best).
The Best Toppings For Vanilla Ice Cream:
The possibilities are endless when it comes to toppings for vanilla ice cream, but I wanted to share some of my favorites:
- Peanut butter cups
- Chocolate syrup
- Fresh strawberries
- Crushed up waffle cone
- Whipped cream
More suggestions that you may like:
- Caramel (my husband's favorite)
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed up oreos
I'd love to hear what YOUR favorite ice cream toppings are! Leave a comment below or reach out on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram. 🙂
Enjoy your homemade vanilla ice cream!
More Delicious Treats You'll Love:
Easy No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- 9x5-Inch Bread Pan
- Electric Stand Mixer or Handheld
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In an electric stand mixer with the whisk attachement, mix the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Use a silicone spatula and scoop some of the whipped cream into the bowl. Fold together gently. Then add the rest of the whipped cream, folding until smooth and fully combined.
- Spread your ice cream base into the bread pan. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
This looks so delicious, perfect for the summer!
Super easy recipe! Love this!
This is so brilliant! Love how easy it is and that you don't need an ice cream maker.
Thank you so much, Don! Homemade ice cream has never been easier. 🙂
Going to grab ingredients to try this. I love vanilla ice cream!