This Easy Peach Crisp Recipe is made with fresh peaches and has a buttery brown sugar oat topping. Serve this perfect Summer dessert warm with whipped cream on top!
This recipe was originally published in July of 2020, but was updated on July 13, 2022 with newer content and fresh pictures.
This homemade peach crisp is super simple to make and requires just basic ingredients. The peach filling is filled with sweet peaches and topped with a crunchy crisp topping. If you love fruit crisps, then you'll love this peach version!
Looking for more fruit desserts? Then check out these: strawberries and cream cupcakes, lemon cheesecake bites, and blueberry donuts.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The oat topping is sweet and crunchy.
- You can leave the peach skins on.
- No mixer needed; just two mixing bowls.
- Yellow peaches make up the irrisistable filling.
- You can top it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
This is seriously the best peach crisp recipe. You can add a scoop of ice cream to the top and eat it warm or cold. Plus, you only need 10 ingredients!
Summertime is peak season for peaches and a lot of other fresh fruit, so you definitely should make this recipe!
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Grease an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. You could also bake this in a pie plate.
- Room Temperature Butter: Pull out a stick of butter 1 hour before you want to start baking.
- Crisp Topping: Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the dry mixture and then switch to using your hands. Mix everything together with your hands until a crumbly topping has formed.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Peaches: I used yellow, but you could also use the white fleshed ones. I also kept the peach skin on instead of peeling them.
- Sugars: A little bit of white sugar is used in the filling and then brown sugar for the topping.
- Lemon Juice: This adds a little bit of tartness.
- Old-Fashioned Oats: They are also called "rolled oats". Do not use instant oats because they are not the same.
- Unsalted Butter: We want softened (room temperature) butter. Not cold or melted.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this delicious peach crisp.
Step 1: Make the filling. In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour the peach mixture into a prepared baking dish, including all of the peach juice on the bottom of the bowl.
Step 2: Make the topping. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter to cut into the dry ingredients.
Pro Tip! Switch to using your hands and continue to mix everything together until a crumbly topping has formed.
Step 3: Bake. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the peaches and bake for 44-50 minutes. Wait 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!
The best way to eat a peach crisp is by adding some whipped cream to your serving! You could also add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream to it. The choice is yours!
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply place some on a plate and microwave it for about 25 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions
A cobbler has a biscuit or pie dough topping whereas a crisp has a streusel topping that includes rolled oats, making it crunchy.
I haven't tried this before but if you do, please let me know!
I suggest either an 8x8-inch, 9x9-inch, or a pie plate.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Summer Recipes
Easy Peach Crisp Recipe
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Mixing Bowls
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled (optional), sliced into ¼" inch slices (about 5 cups)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt until evenly coated. Then pour it into the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter and use a pastry blender to cut into the dry ingredients. Then switch to using your hands. Mix everything together with your hands until a crumbly topping has formed.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the peaches and bake for 44-50 minutes. Once you see the top is golden brown and the peach juices are bubbling along the sides of the pan, you know it's done.
- Let the peach crisp cool for about 15 minutes before serving with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply