These Mini S'mores Pies takes the traditional s'mores flavors and turns it into an easy dessert that's bite-size. They have a buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth and silky chocolate filling, and are topped with a toasted marshmallow!
This s'mores pie recipe is the best way to have a s'more this Summer! It uses graham crackers for the crust, bittersweet chocolate for the chocolate ganache filling, and a large marshmallow to top it all off.
You can easily toast the marshmallows with either a kitchen torch or broil them in the oven on a baking sheet.
Why You'll Love These Mini Pies
- They're easily made in a muffin tin.
- The chocolate layer is rich and decadent.
- They're topped with large marshmallows that have been toasted.
- Each bite has the perfect amount of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow!
Making these pies in a muffin pan is so easy and quick compared to a full-size pie! You end up with 12 mini graham cracker crusts that have been prebaked before pouring on the creamy chocolate filling.
Because these pies are mini, they're the perfect size for sharing at any family event or gathering!
Expert Baking Tips
- Muffin Pan: This recipe can easily be made in a 12-count muffin pan. I recommend lining your pan with cupcake liners, but if you don’t have any, use non-stick spray to generously grease each muffin cup.
- Chocolate: Be sure to finely chop the chocolate before adding it to the hot cream. This helps for both of the ingredients to incorporate smoothly.
- Marshmallow Topping: Toast the marshmallow in either the oven under the broiler or by using a kitchen torch.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers: I used honey graham crackers but you could also use the chocolate ones.
- Chocolate: Use high-quality chocolate bars. I used Scharffen Berger (not sponsored). Also, I used semi-sweet, but you could also use milk or dark chocolate.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Not to be confused with heavy cream. Use heavy whipping cream because it has a higher fat content which helps the ganache to be silky smooth.
- Marshmallows: Each pie is topped with one large toasted marshmallow. You could also top it with mini marshmallows or marshmallow creme.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make mini smores pie.
Srep 1: Make the crust. Using a food processor, pulse the crackers until fine crumbs. Place the graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl and mix in the salt and melted butter.
Step 2: Bake the crust. Evenly divide up the crumbs into the muffin pan, pressing down firmly with your fingers or a 1/4 measuring cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 3: Chocolate filling. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy whipping cream over medium-high heat until bubbling. Remove from the heat and mix in the chopped chocolate and butter, mixing until fully combined.
Step 4: Add to the crust. Evenly disperse the chocolate over the graham cracker crust and place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
Step 5: Roast the marshmallows. Once the pies have chilled, place 12 large marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil the marshmallows for 1-3 minutes until they are lightly toasted.
Step 6: Assemble. Immediately place the mashmallows on top of the chocolate layer of each pie. Serve and enjoy!
Keep any leftover pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to get a roasted marshmallow without a campfire either broil it in the oven for a few minutes or use a kitchen blow torch.
Because we are making a smooth chocolate ganache, I would recommend a chocolate brand such as Scharffen Berger or Ghirardelli. I'm not sure how well a Hershey's bar would combine with the cream. With that being said, do not use chocolate chips either.
A classic s'mores is a campfire favorite that involves 3 ingredients: graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. This pie incorporates all 3 of those ingredients.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Pies To Try
Mini S'mores Pies
- 12-count muffin pan
- Food Processor
- Small Saucepan
Graham Cracker Crust
- 10 graham cracker sheets, crumbs (about 1 ½ cups)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham cracker sheets into a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the melted butter and salt. Mix together.
- Evenly disperse the graham cracker crumbs into the cupcake liners, pressing down firmly (use your fingers or a 1/4 measuring cup). Bake for 8-10 minutes and set aside while you're making the filling.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy whipping cream over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the finely chopped chocolate and butter. Mix continuously with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly disperse the chocolate over the graham cracker crust and place the pan in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the pies have chilled, place 12 large marshmallows on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Broil the marshmallows for 1-3 minutes until they are lightly toasted. Immediately place the toasted marshmallows on top of the pies and serve.
- Keep any leftover pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.