These 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for your Memorial Day or July 4th celebrations! Not only are they quick and easy to make, all you need are 6 ingredients.
This recipe was originally published in July of 2020, but was updated on June 18, 2022 with newer content and fresh pictures.
These fourth of July rice krispie treats are topped with red, white, and blue sprinkles, making them the perfect treat to serve at patriotic holidays.
Each bite is ooey-gooey from the mini marshmallows that have been melted and mixed straight into the rice krispie cereal. Plus, this is a no bake dessert, meaning no oven needed!
Looking for more rice krispie desserts? Then check out these: s'mores rice krispies, strawberry rice krispies, and lucky charms treats.
Why You'll Love These Cereal Treats
- They're both soft and crunchy.
- You need just 6 ingredients in order to make them.
- They're the easiest treat to make for your party guests.
- They're topped with plenty of patriotic sprinkles.
- You don't need to turn on your oven because they are a no-bake recipe!
For Independence Day, whip up these red, white, and blue rice krispie treats! I know my family can't resist crispy treats such as these and I know yours will love them too.
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Line your 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper (or wax paper) and then non-stick spray.
- Parchment Paper: Use a piece of parchment paper lightly sprayed with non-stick spray to evenly press down the rice krispies into the prepared baking dish.
- Additional Toppings: In addition to the sprinkles, you could also top the treats with red, white, or blue candy melts that have been melted or july 4th m&m's.
- Plastic Knife: Want to know a neat trick? Use a plastic knife to cut the treats into squares once cooled. The plastic knife doesn't stick to the sticky Rice Krispies and allows you to cut more straight and even squares.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Marshmallows: Use mini marshmallows, not the large ones. Also, fresh marshmallows compared to stale will melt much easier. You'll need one 10 ounce bag of marshmallows.
- Rice Cereal: Feel free to use either the name brand of Rice Krispies or a generic brand. The only difference I have found is the generic brand doesn't stay as crunchy long, but the flavor is exactly the same.
- Sprinkles: I used these colorful sprinkles. You could also use these star sprinkles.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this easy fourth of July dessert.
Step 1: Melt the butter. In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
Step 2: Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract and salt. Then gently mix in the cereal mixture until evenly coated.
Step 3: Press into baking pan. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer. Then add the sprinkles over the top of the cereal treats.
Step 4: Cool and serve. Wait a little bit of time (about 20 minutes) before slicing them into bars and serving.
Although they're best consumed within 1-2 days, they will last up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
If needed, you could also wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and keep them on the counter.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to show more patriotic pride, you could dye your treats using either red food gel or blue food coloring. Simply mix in the color to the melted marshmallows before adding the cereal.
No you do not. Just keep them in an airtight container on the counter.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Summer Recipes
4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Large Saucepan
- Non-Stick Spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows (or 5 cups)
- 4 ½ cups rice krispie cereal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and then non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract and salt. Then gently mix in the rice krispie cereal until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer. Then add the sprinkles over the top of the cereal treats.
- Allow the bars to cool for 20 minutes before slicing them into bars. Keep any leftover bars in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
These are so cute for the 4th of July and those sprinkles just add the right touch don't they.