These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats adds a fun twist to the classic recipe by adding freeze-dried strawberries. Not only are they quick and easy to make, all you need are 5 ingredients!
These strawberry rice krispies are made with real strawberry flavor; no artificial ingredients. Each bite has the right amount of ooey-gooeyness from the mini marshmallows and of course the crunch from the cereal.
You can make these anytime of the year and would be so perfect for Valentine's Day, Easter, or any Summertime gathering!
Why You'll Love These Rice Krispie Treats
- They are a simple no-bake dessert.
- All you need is 5 ingredients.
- They have a strawberries and cream taste.
- Freeze-dried strawberries give them that real strawberry flavor.
- There are no artificial flavors!
Cereal treats are always fun to make, especially during the Summer when it's hot and you want a quick and easy no-bake treat.
Unlike other recipes that use a strawberry jello packet (which, there's nothing wrong with that), I wanted that authentic, real tasting, strawberry flavor. You definitely need to try these rice krispie treats!
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Line your 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and then non-stick spray.
- Strawberries: You must use freeze-dried strawberries. Fresh or frozen strawberries will cause the bars to not set up properly. Here are the strawberries I used. You can also find them near the produce section of your local grocery store.
- Parchment Paper: Use a piece of parchment paper lightly sprayed with non-stick spray to evenly press down the rice krispies into the prepared baking dish.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Mini Marshmallows: One 10-ounce bag (or 5 cups) of mini marshmallows are needed. Make sure to use mini and not regular size.
- Rice Cereal: Feel free to use either the name brand of Rice Krispies or a generic brand. The only difference I have found is the generic brand doesn't stay as crunchy long, but the flavor is exactly the same.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: Do not use fresh or frozen strawberries. Freeze-dried strawberries are real strawberries and have the same flavor as fresh or frozen.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these strawberry rice krispie treats.
Step 1: Melt the butter. In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
Step 2: Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Remove the pan from the heat and gently mix in the rice krispie cereal, crushed freeze-dried strawberries, and salt until evenly coated.
Step 3: Press into baking pan. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer.
Step 4: Cool and serve. Allow the bars to cool for 20 minutes before slicing them into bars and serving.
Although they're best consumed within 1-2 days, they will last up to 3 days in an airtight container on the counter.
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot. Fresh strawberries wouldn't allow the rice krispie treats to set up properly. Freeze-dried strawberries are real strawberries and have the same flavor as fresh.
Yes you can! Place the freeze-dried strawberries into a food processor or blender and pulse until very fine crumbs. This will make the rice krispie treats pink.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More No Bake Recipes
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Large Saucepan
- Non-Stick Spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows (or 5 cups)
- 4 ½ cups rice krispie cereal
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed up
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and then non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently mix in the rice krispie cereal, crushed freeze-dried strawberries, and salt until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer.
- Allow the bars to cool for 20 minutes before slicing them into bars.
- Keep any leftover bars in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.