These Lucky Charms cereal bars takes your favorite cereal treats and turns them into an ooey gooey marshmallow bar! They're no-bake and perfect for all of the springtime holidays, including St. Patrick's Day.
This recipe was originally published in 2020, but was updated on February 28, 2023 with newer content and fresh pictures.
These Lucky Charms marshmallow treats has the perfect crunch of Lucky Charms cereal and of course plenty of marshmallows.
Just like your classic rice krispies treats, the cereal is folded into melted marshmallows but also includes Lucky Charms marshmallows!
Why You'll Love These Fun Cereal Bars
- They only require 3 ingredients.
- You can have them as a breakfast treat.
- Each bite is crunchy and ooey gooey.
- They're no-bake.
- All you need is 15 minutes in order to make them!
No bake desserts are not only great for hot days, but come in handy when you need to make a treat super fast.
In under 30 minutes you'll have these bars made, cut, and in your mouth!
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. You could also use two 8x8-inch baking pans.
- Melting Marshmallows: It's important to occasionally stir your marshmallows until melted to aviod burning.
- Parchment Paper: Use a piece of parchment paper lightly sprayed with non-stick spray to evenly press down the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter.
- Mini Marshmallows: Make sure to use fresh marshmallows. If they're stale they won't melt as easily.
- Lucky Charms Cereal: Although there are many different types of Lucky Charms, I used the classic box with all of the fun marshmallow shapes.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these Lucky Charms bars.
Step 1: Melt butter. In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
Step 2: Add the cereal. Add the delicious Lucky Charms cereal and gently fold together using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until evenly coated.
Step 3: Press into baking pan. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer.
Step 4: Cool and serve. Wait about 15 minutes before slicing them into bars and serving.
Although they're best consumed within 1-2 days, they will last up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could dip each bar into melted white chocolate to make them more of a sweet treat.
You actually can on Amazon! I've tried them before and they're great!
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Cereal Bar Recipes
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars
- 9x13 inch baking pan
- Large Pot
- Silicone Spatula
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan (or two 8x8 inch pans) with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and gently mix in the cereal with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the greased pan and use parchment (or wax) paper to press down the Lucky Charms (see note below). Allow the bars to cool on the counter for 10-15 minutes before cutting them into squares.
- Keep any leftover bars on the counter for up to 3 days.