These Maple Rice Krispie Treats takes the classic marshmallow cereal treat and adds the flavors of Fall with pure maple syrup. They're crunchy, chewy, and oh so ooey-gooey!
These Rice Krispie treats not only have maple syrup mixed straight into the melted butter and mini marshmallows, but they're also topped with a sweet maple glaze. Once mixed together with that crunchy rice cereal, you have yourself one awesome Fall treat!
Every one loves a classic Rice Krispie treat and these bars take on a reimagined twist by adding maple. They only need 5 ingredients in order to make and once topped with the maple glaze (which is optional) they come together in just 20 minutes!
Why You'll Love These Rice Krispie Treats:
- They're a quick and easy no-bake dessert.
- Pure maple syrup is mixed straight into the melted marshmallows.
- All you need is 5 ingredients.
- They're topped with a delicious maple glaze.
- They're perfect for the holidays!
No-bake desserts are always a great option year-round, especially homemade Rice Krispie treats. They have the most perfect crunch, the right amount of ooey-gooeyness from the marshmallows, and with the addition of maple syrup, they are a must-bake Fall treat.
The maple glaze that's drizzled over the top adds even more maple flavor. They're absolutely irrisistable and really adds a nice touch to the traditional rice krispie treat.
- Baking Pan: Line your 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and then non-stick spray.
- Maple Syrup: I highly recommend pure maple syrup. That'll give you a natural flavor without any other ingredients added.
- Maple Glaze: I like to add a tiny bit of maple extract to the glaze to really enhance the maple flavor.
- Parchment Paper: Use a piece of parchment paper lightly sprayed with non-stick spray to evenly press down the maple Rice Krispies into the prepared baking dish.
Here are some of the ingredients we'll need in order to make this recipe:
- Butter: Be sure to use unsalted butter.
- Mini Marshmallows: One 10-ounce bag (or 5 cups) of mini marshmallows are needed. Make sure to use mini and not regular size.
- Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup is what we want because of the natural flavor. This is the exact one I used.
- Maple Extract: Just a small amount of maple extract is added to the glaze. If you don't have it then that's okay too.
- Rice Cereal: Feel free to use either the name brand of Rice Krispies or a generic brand. The only difference I have found is the generic brand doesn't stay as crunchy long, but the flavor is exactly the same.
How To Make Maple Rice Krispie Treats:
- Melt: In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and then add in the mini marshmallows, mixing occasionally until completely melted.
- Combine Ingredients: Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the maple syrup and salt.
- Rice Cereal: Use a wooden spoon to gently mix in the rice cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Baking Pan: Press the Rice Krispies into the prepared baking pan.
- Maple Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together all of the glaze ingredients (powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract, milk, and cinnamon). Drizzle the glaze over the Rice Krispies and wait 20 minutes before slicing them into bars.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Keep them in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
I have not tried this before. If you have, please let me know how it worked for you!
The glaze is definitey optional, but highly recommended.
If you don't want to use maple syrup, then you'll have yourself some classic Rice Krispie Treats. If you want to just use maple extract, add 1/2 tsp in place of the maple syrup in the Rice Krispies.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you!
More No-Bake Treats To Try:
Maple Rice Krispie Treats
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Large Saucepan
- Non-Stick Spray
- Wooden Spoon
Maple Rice Krispie Treats:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows (or 5 cups)
- 3 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 1/4 tsp milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and then non-stick spray. Set aside.
Maple Rice Krispies:
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the mini marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the maple syrup and salt.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal and gently fold together with a wooden spoon until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper that's been sprayed with non-stick spray to press it down into an even layer.
- In a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract, milk, and cinnamon. Put the glaze into a small sandwhich bag, cutting a small hole in the corner, and drizzle it over the Rice Krispie bars.
- Allow the bars to cool for 20 minutes before slicing them into bars. Keep any leftover bars in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.