These Peach Hand Pies are cute mini pies that fit perfectly in your hand. They're made out of a buttery homemade pie crust and a fresh peach filling!
These mini peach pies are the perfect size for sharing!
The pie dough is so flaky and buttery, while the diced peaches are so sweet. I used yellow peaches as they're my favorite type of peach.
Looking for more peach desserts? Then check out this peach crisp recipe.
Why You'll Love This Pie
- It's made from fresh peaches.
- The flaky crust melts in your mouth with each bite.
- You can make them using storebought dough.
- It takes way less time to bake compared to a whole pie!
Individual fruit pies are so fun to make and share with others. You can easily serve them at BBQ's and holidays.
Expert Baking Tips
- Pie Crust: If making your own dough, be sure to chill it in the refrigerator for at least 40 minutes and that it's covered in plastic wrap. If using storebought, follow the directions on the box for knowing how far in advance it should be sitting at room temperature before rolling it out.
- Pie Filling: To cool the filling quickly, place it in the freezer and stir it every 10 minutes.
- Cookie Cutter: Use a 4-inch round cookie cutter to cut out a total of 20 circles.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Unsalted Butter: Make sure the butter is very cold.
- Ice Water: Literally stick a few ice cubes into a cup or bowl filled with water.
- Peaches: I used fresh, but you could also use frozen peaches.
- Corn starch: This helps to thicken the filling.
- Egg: You need one egg and a splash of water for the egg wash.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these individual peach pies.
Step 1: Make the crust. In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and cold butter. Press the pulse button on the food processor 4-6 times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Step 2: Add 2 tablespoons of ice water at a time, pulsing each time. Continue adding 2 tablespoons at a time until the dough starts to clump together.
Step 3: Chill. On a lightly floured surface, press and fold the dough until a ball forms. Divide the ball in two, flatten into disk shapes, and individually wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Step 4: Make the filling. In a medium or small saucepan, add the diced peaches, brown sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
Once thickened, transfer the hot filling to a heat safe bowl and cool completely.
Step 5: Roll out the dough. On a lightly floured work surface using a rolling pin, roll out the pie dough. Use a 4-inch circle cutter and cut out 10 circles. Repeat with the other pie dough.
Step 6: Use a sharp knife or a small cookie cutter to cut two small slits onto the top of 10 circle pie crusts (these will be the top crusts).
Step 7: Assemble the pies. On a prepared baking sheet, place one circle on and lightly brush it with the egg wash (use a pastry brush for this). Then place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center and top with one of the top crusts.
Step 8: Crimp and chill the pies. Use a fork to crimp down the edges of the pie until fully sealed. Repeat until all 10 of your fruit hand pies have been formed. Then place the baking pan in the freezer to chill.
Step 9: Turn on the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Once preheated, remove the pan from the freezer and lightly brush the tops with the egg wash. Add the coarse sugar to the top crust of each pie.
Place the whole pan into the oven and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until golden brown.
Keep any leftover pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
You certainly can! Just make sure to dice them up into small pieces.
No you don't. You can buy premade dough from the store and use that. These mini blueberry pies were made that way!
I haven't tried it, but these mini strawberry pies were made in a muffin pan.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Pie Recipes To Try
Peach Hand Pies
- Rolling Pin
- Mixing Bowls
- Food Processor
- Round Cookie Cutter
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold & cubed (2 sticks)
- 8-10 tablespoons ice water
- 2 cups diced peaches, skins peeled
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg with a splash of water, for the egg wash
- coarse sugar (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and cold cubed butter. Press the pulse button on the food processor 4-6 times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (you can also make the crust in a large bowl using a pastry cutter).
- Add 2 tablespoons of ice water at a time, pulsing each time. Continue adding 2 tablespoons at a time until the dough starts to clump together (I add a total of 8 tablespoons).
- On a lightly floured surface, press and fold the dough until a ball forms. Divide the ball in two, flatten into disk shapes, and individually wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add the diced peaches, brown sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix until combined. Occasionally stir the mixture with a silicone spatula until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Once thickened, remove the pan from the heat and transfer the filling to a heat safe bowl. Place it into the freezer and stir every 10 minutes until cooled.
Assemble the Pies
- Once the filling has cooled and the dough has chilled, roll the pie dough out on a lightly-floured surface using a rolling pin. Use a 4-inch cookie cutter and cut out 10 circles. Repeat with the other pie dough. You'll need a total of 20 circles.
- Use a sharp knife or a small cookie cutter to cut two openings onto the top of 10 circle pie crusts.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat, place one circle on and lightly brush it with the egg wash. Add 1 tablespoon of the peach filling directly to the center of the dough and top with one of the cut pie dough circles. Use a fork to crimp down all sides of the dough until fully sealed.
- Repeat the step above until all 10 mini pies have been formed. Place the baking sheet into the freezer while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Once heated, lightly brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle on the coarse sugar. Place the whole pan into the oven and bake for 18-23 minutes, or once they are golden-brown on top.
- Allow the pies to cool before serving. Keep any leftover pies in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.