These Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are thick peanut butter cookies filled with Reese's Pieces candies. Peanut butter lovers must make these cookies!
These Reese's Pieces cookies are bursting with peanut butter flavor! They're perfectly soft, chewy, and have slightly crispy edges.
They're also no chill and can be baked right away!
Why You'll Love These Cookies
- They're filled and topped with Reese's Pieces candy.
- No hand mixer required; just two mixing bowls.
- Creamy peanut butter is mixed into the cookie dough.
- They're thick cookies, not thin!
These cookies are a peanut butter lover's dream!
Each bite is soft, tender, and melts in your mouth thanks to using melted butter.
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Sheet: I recommend this specific baking sheet. Line each pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Measuring Flour: To help ensure you don’t add extra flour, follow these three simple steps: 1) Fluff up the flour using a fork. 2) Spoon the flour into your measuring cup. 3) Scrape a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level out the flour.
- Melted Butter: Make sure the butter is completely cooled. This takes at least 20 minutes sitting at room temperature. Don't skip this step or the cookies might overspread.
- Cookie Scoop: I used a medium cookie scoop, specifically the #24 scoop.
- Bake Time: The cookies should look slightly underdone on top. They will continue to set up once out of the oven, so be careful to not overbake them.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- All-Purpose Flour: Be sure to properly measure your flour (check out Expert Baking Tips above).
- Corn Starch: Helps the cookies to be soft and tender.
- Butter: Make sure to use unsalted butter and that it's melted and completely cooled.
- Sugars: A combination of both white sugar and brown sugar is used.
- Peanut Butter: I used Skippy creamy peanut butter. I don't recommend using crunchy peanut butter.
- Reese's Pieces: I used 1 ⅓ cups but be sure to have some additional Reese's Pieces to add to the top of each cookie dough ball before baking.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these Reese's peanut butter cookies.
Step 1: Melt the butter. In a small bowl, melt the butter and cool completely on the counter.
Step 2: Dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: Wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined. Then whisk in the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Step 4: Combine the ingredients. Add the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to gently mix until combined. Then fold in the candy.
Step 5: Scoop the dough. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop (I used my #24) to scoop out the dough and place onto the prepared cookie sheets.
PRO TIP! Add extra Reese's Pieces to the top of the cookie dough balls before baking.
Step 6: Bake. Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them over to a cooling rack.
Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
If desired, you could add a ½ cup of peanut butter chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips.
This could be because the butter wasn't completely cooled. It's important that it's room temperature before mixing with the other ingredients.
I used a medium-sized cookie scoop (2.7 tablespoons) but I also like to use a small cookie scoop sometimes (1.5 tablespoons). If you use a smaller one, just note that the bake time might be different.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Cookie Recipes
Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cookies Scoop
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled for at least 20 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups Reese's Pieces, plus extras
- In a microwaveable-safe bowl, melt the butter and let it cool on the counter for 20 minutes (do not skip this step!).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fully combined. Then mix in the peanut butter, eggs, and vanila extract.
- Add the flour mixture and use a silicone spatula to gently mix into the wet ingredients until combined (the dough will be a little sticky). Then fold in the Reese's Pieces.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (I used my #24, which is 2.7 tablespoons) to scoop out the cookie dough. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking pans and top with additional Reese's Pieces (optional). Then bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them over to a wire rack to finish cooling. The cookies should look slightly underdone on top. They will continue to set up once out of the oven and will become extremely soft and chewy.
- Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.