This no bake peanut butter cream pie has a buttery graham cracker crust and a super creamy peanut butter filling. All you need are a few simple ingredients in order to make this pie that's made for peanut butter lovers!
This recipe was originally published in July of 2020, but was updated on June 29, 2022 with newer content and fresh pictures.
This easy peanut butter pie recipe is perfect for warm weather because it's no bake. There's no need to turn on the oven!
When making the peanut butter mixture, just freeze the crust. This helps the melted butter to solidify with the graham crackers and not needing to bake the pie shell.
Why You'll Love This Pie
- It takes just 20 minutes to make.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It's no bake.
- The graham cracker crust is both buttery and salty.
- The peanut butter layer is silky smooth and creamy!
I am a lover of cream pies! Whether it's a chocolate cream pie, banana cream, or this peanut butter pie, I love them all!
Unliked baked pies, this no bake pie has homemade whipped cream folded into the mixture in order to set up firmly.
Expert Baking Tips
- Pie Plate: Grease a 9.5-inch pie plate with non-stick spray first. This maked removing the pieces later so much easier.
- Crust: When making the filling, be sure to freeze the crust for at least 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese: Be sure to use block-style cream cheese.
- Chill Time: This pie needs at least 6 hours to chill in the refrigerator before serving. Even better, make it the night before and it will be ready the next day.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers: I used honey graham crackers. You could also substitute it with Oreos and make an Oreo cookie crust if desired.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Used to make the whipped cream. If you don't want to make your own, you could always use cool whip.
- Peanut Butter: I used Jif creamy peanut butter. I don't recommend using crunchy peanut butter.
- Cream Cheese: Block-style, not the spreadable kind.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this no bake peanut butter pie.
Step 1: Make the crust. Use a food processor to pulse the crackers into fine crumbs. Then, in a medium or large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt.
Step 2: Freeze. Press the crumbs firmly down into a greased pie pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Then gently press against the sides of the dish. Freeze until ready to use.
Step 3: Make the whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form (2-3 minutes). Scoop into a separate bowl.
Step 4: Beat the cream cheese. Using the same electric mixer bowl, beat the peanut butter and cream cheese until combined. Then mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Step 5: Add the whipped cream. Gently fold in the whipped cream using a silicone spatula. Then remove the pie crust from the freezer.
Step 6: Assemble. Pour the peanut butter filling over the crust and place it into the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
Keep any leftover pie slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can certainly add a lot of different toppings to the top of the pie. Here are a few suggestions:
- Reese's Pieces
- Peanut butter chips
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- A rich chocolate ganache drizzle
Just sprinkle any and all of these ingredients directly to the pie once it has chilled.
Frequently Asked Questions
This pie is similar to an old fashioned peanut butter pie because it includes these staple ingredients: creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, and powdered sugar.
If you wanted to make a chocolate peanut butter pie, then swap out the graham crackers with Oreos.
Absolutely! This will give the pie plenty of time to set up in the refrigerator overnight.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Pie Recipes
No Bake Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- 9.5-inch pie pan
- Food Processor
- Electric Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 graham cracker sheets, crumbs (about 1 ¾ cups)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (1 package)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham crackers into a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix together.
- Press the crumbs firmly down into a greased 9.5-inch pie pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Then gently press against the sides of the dish. Freeze until ready to use.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In an electric stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2-3 minutes). Scoop the whipped cream into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Using that same mixing bowl but with the paddle attachment (you don't have to clean it first!), beat the peanut butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and gently fold in the whipped cream until combined. At this time, remove the crust from the freezer and pour the peanut butter filling into the pie pan.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Keep any leftover pie slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.