These are the best Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies! They have slightly crispy edges, are soft and chewy on the insides, and even have a little bit of cinnamon in them!
I really love classic chocolate chip cookies, but I made them even better by adding butterscotch chips and using melted butter instead.
They have a chewy center and bake up to be more thick. No flat and thin cookies here! And the best part? They are no chill, so you can bake them right away!
Looking for more chocolate chip recipes? Then check out these: chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip sheet cake, and pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.
Why You'll Love These Cookies
- They're extremely easy to make; all you need are two mixing bowls.
- They're loaded with butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- No electric stand mixer is needed.
- With the addition of ground cinnamon, they're perfect for Fall.
- They take less than 40 minutes to make!
I absolutely love cookie recipes that don't need to chill before baking. Just make the dough, bake, and enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Sheet: I recommend this specific baking sheet. Line each pan with parchment paper.
- Measuring Flour: To help ensure you don’t add extra flour, follow these three simple steps: 1) Fluff up the flour using a fork. 2) Spoon the flour into your measuring cup. 3) Scrape a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level out the flour.
- Melted Butter: Make sure the butter is completely cooled. This takes at least 20 minutes sitting at room temperature. Don't skip this step or the cookies might spread too much.
- Cookie Scoop: I used a medium cookie scoop, specifically the #24 scoop.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- All-Purpose Flour: Be sure to properly measure your flour (check out Expert Baking Tips above).
- Corn Starch: Helps the cookies to be soft and tender.
- Butter: Make sure to use unsalted butter and that it's melted and completely cooled.
- Sugars: A combination of both white sugar and dark brown sugar is used.
- Butterscotch Chips: I used Nestle's brand.
- Chocolate Chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could also use milk or dark chocolate chips.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these chocolate chip butterscotch cookies.
Step 1: Melt the butter. In a small bowl, melt the butter and cool completely on the counter.
Step 2: Dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
Step 3: Wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
Step 4: Combine the ingredients. Add the flour mixture and use a silicone or rubber spatula to gently mix until combined. Then fold in the chocolate and buterscotch chips.
Step 5: Scoop the dough. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop (I used my #24) to scoop out the dough and place it on the prepared cookie sheet.
PRO TIP! Add extra chips to the top of each cookie dough balls before baking.
Step 6: Bake. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them over to a cooling rack.
Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
I used a medium-sized cookie scoop (2.7 tablespoons) but I also like to use a small cookie scoop sometimes (1.5 tablespoons). If you use a smaller one, just note that the bake time will be different.
This could be because the butter wasn't completely cooled. It's important that it's room temperature before mixing into the other ingredients.
The cookies should look slightly underdone on top. They will continue to set up once out of the oven and will become extremely soft and chewy. They will also have slightly crisp edges.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Favorite Cookie Recipes
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Parchment paper
- Baking Sheets
- Mixing Bowls
- Cookie Scoop
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled for at least 20 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a microwaveable-safe bowl, melt the butter and let it cool on the counter for 20 minutes (do not skip this step!).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture and use a silicone spatula to gently mix into the wet ingredients until combined. Then fold in the butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (I used my #24, which is 2.7 tablespoons) to scoop out the cookie dough. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking pans and bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them over to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The cookies should look slightly underdone on top. They will continue to set up once out of the oven and will become extremely soft and chewy.
- Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
Leave a Reply