This Apple Pie with Graham Cracker Crust is a classic dessert, especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Instead of your classic pie crust that needs rolling and chilling, this graham cracker crust is so much simpler to make!
This traditional apple pie has an easy apple pie filling that is perfectly spiced and is topped with a buttery cinnamon streusel topping.
The combination of graham crackers and sweet apples truly makes for the best apple pie!
Looking for more apple desserts? Then check out these: apple crisp, caramel apple mini cheesecakes, and apple crumb muffins.
Why You'll Love This Pie
- It has a homemade apple pie filling.
- Both granny smith apples and honey crisps are used.
- The homemade pie crust is so easy to make.
- Each bite is filled with soft apples and warm spices!
- Top your slice of pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even sweeter bite!
Apple season is the perfect time to bake up a homemade pie. And with a graham cracker crust, it takes less time from start to finish.
You definitely need to try this pie!
Expert Baking Tips
- Pie Crust: If desired, you can certainly use a store-bought graham cracker crust instead of making your own
- Pie Plate: Grease a 9.5-inch pie plate with cooking spray. This will make it a lot easier to remove each pie slice.
- Apples: I recommend using two different types of apples, such as honey crisp and granny smith.
- Bake Time: Bake anywhere between 45-50 minutes, or until the apples are soft and tender.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers: I used honey graham crackers.
- Brown Sugar: Use either light or dark brown sugar.
- Spices: A mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg are used to season the apple filling.
- Apples: You need about 6 medium-sized apples.
- Lemon Juice: This adds a touch of tartness to the sweet filling.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this apple crumble pie.
Step 1: Make the crust. Use a food processor to pulse the crackers into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt.
Step 2: Bake. Press the crumbs firmly down into a greased pie pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Then gently press against the sides of the dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Make the crumble. In a medium or large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Then cut in the cubed butter using a pastry blender.
Step 4: Make the apple mixture. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, mix together the flour, lemon juice, brown sugar, cubed butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
Allow the mixture to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 5: Add the apples. Add the prepared apple slices and thoroughly mix everything together until the apples have been coated.
Step 6: Assemble the pie. Pour the apple filling over the graham cracker crust and then sprinkle on the crumble topping.
Step 7: Bake. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the apples are soft. Use a toothpick for this. Cool on the counter completely before serving.
Keep any leftover pie slices in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don't want to make your own homemade crust, you can certainly buy a premade one.
I like to use a mixture of granny smith and honey crisp, but another good one would be golden delicious apples.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Pie Recipes
Apple Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- 9.5-inch pie pan
- Food Processor
- Medium Sauce Pan
Graham Cracker Crust
- 11 graham cracker sheets, crumbs
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 6 medium-sized apples, cored, peeled, and sliced into ¼ inch slices (about 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9.5-inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham crackers into a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix together.
- Press the crumbs firmly down into the prepared pie pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Then gently press against the sides of the dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is firm and turning light brown.
- In the same medium bowl you used to make the crust, make the crumble topping.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Then cut in the cubed butter using a fork or pastry blender. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, mix together the flour, lemon juice, brown sugar, cubed butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Allow the mixture to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the prepared apple slices and thoroughly mix everything together until the apples have been coated with the thick filling.
- Pour the apple filling over the graham cracker crust and then sprinkle on the crumble topping, coating all the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the apples are soft. Use a toothpick for this. Cool on the counter completely before serving (about 2 hours).
- Keep any leftover pie slices in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply