This frozen hot chocolate is everything we love about classic hot chocolate except it's like a creamy cold slushy! Enjoy this delicious chocolatey drink all year long!
Introducing one of the BEST hot chocolate drinks you'll ever have because it's frozen, it's slushy, and it has double the chocolate flavor!
I don't know if you're like me, but I drink cold drinks all year long. I don't care if there's snow on the ground or I'm melting by the mid-summer heat, I like to have a cold drink in my hand.
This Frozen Hot Chocolate is legit the best! Just a couple of months ago I had something similar to this for the first time in my life and I knew I needed to create my own at home.
Just picture everything you love about a classic hot chocolate and you have that in this frozen masterpiece!
Why You NEED To Try This Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- It requires just 4 ingredients: chocolate chips, milk, hot chocolate packet, and ice.
- It's quick and easy to make.
- There is double the chocolate flavor.
- It has the consistency of a cold, creamy slushy!
Why Is It Called Frozen Hot Chocolate?
It's kind of funny that a drink could have both the words "frozen" and "hot" in its name. Like, how does that work?
Simply put, the reason why it's called frozen hot chocolate is that it contains both ice and a hot chocolate packet to create this delicious frozen treat.
Additionally, I add melted chocolate chips that have been mixed in with a little bit of milk to create an even more intense chocolate flavor. So in a way, you could say I do add "hot" chocolate to this recipe.
Just 4 ingredients is all you need to make this recipe at home!
- Chocolate Chips: I used semi-sweet, but you can also use milk, dark, or white chocolate chips.
- Milk: Used to make the drink creamy. I used 2% milk.
- Hot Chocolate Packet: For double the chocolate flavor. I used one packet of Swiss Miss.
- Ice: This is what makes the drink frozen and slushy.
- Optional: Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles are optional ingredients to add on top of your frozen drink.
How To Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
This recipe comes together in just under 10 minutes. Trust me when I say this is the BEST homemade frozen hot chocolate you'll ever have!
- Mix: Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl and whisk in ½ cup of the milk. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Blend: Add the cooled melted chocolate, the rest of the milk, the hot chocolate packet, and ice to the blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Pour: Pour into a glass, jar, or cup and serve with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles (optional).
Can You Save Frozen Hot Chocolate?
This drink does not store very well, so I highly recommend you drink it immediately after making.
This recipe makes two servings, so plan on sharing with your spouse, a friend, or your child.
Expert Baking Tips
- Blender: You will need a blender for this recipe. I have a Ninja blender (not sponsored), which I love, but any blender will work. Just use what you have.
- Hot Chocolate Packet: All you need is one hot chocolate packet, like Swiss Miss (not sponsored).
- Chocolate Chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but feel free to use milk, dark, or even white chocolate.
Recommended Tools For This Recipe
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Frozen Desserts
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups milk, divided
- 1 packet hot chocolate
- 2 ½ cups ice
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second intervals. Once melted, whisk in ½ cup of milk and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the melted chocolate, 1 cup of milk, hot chocolate packet, and ice into the blender and blend until mostly smooth (about 20 seconds).
- Pour into a glass and serve with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.