These Triple Chocolate Brownies are sure to satisfy your chocolate craving! There's three different types of chocolate packed into these fudgy brownies, including cocoa powder, melted bittersweet chocolate, and chocolate chips.
This chocolate brownie recipe is super decadent, has rich chocolate flavor, and is extra fudgy and moist. Chocolate lovers must try these brownies!
They're also super easy to make and require just two mixing bowls. These truly are the best homemade brownies!
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Then check out these: triple chocolate cookies, the best chocolate cake, and chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes.
Why You'll Love These Rich Brownies
- Three different types of chocolate are used.
- They have a fudgy texture.
- Each bite is ooey gooey with so much chocolate.
- They have a deep chocolate flavor.
- They will become your go-to brownie recipe!
Although I love boxed brownies, nothing compares to the rich chocolate flavors of homemade.
All you need is 10 minutes of prep time and then they're ready to bake!
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Line your 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, creating "handles" that hang over the sides. Then grease your pan with non-stick spray. This makes extracting the brownies once they have cooled extremely easy.
- Cocoa Powder: In order to have an intense chocolate flavor, this recipe uses more cocoa powder than flour.
- Folding: This means we carefully combine our ingredients without stirring or beating. We do this with a silicone spatula until the ingredients are just combined with each other, “folding” everything together.
- Cooling: To easily cut and serve the brownies, allow them to cool for at least one hour. I like to use a dough scraper to get smooth and even cuts.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Chocolate: I used a bittersweet chocolate bar, but you could also use semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
- Eggs: A combination of two large eggs and one egg yolk at room temperature are needed. That extra yolk helps to make the brownies chewy and thick.
- Oil: Just a little bit of vegetable oil added to the batter will help to intensify the chocolate flavor, along with adding extra fudginess.
- Cocoa Powder: I used Hershey's 100% Cacao Natural Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Chocolate Chips: I used semisweet chocolate chips, but you could also use dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this triple chocolate brownies recipe.
Step 1: Melt the chocolate. In a microwaveable-safe medium bowl, melt butter and chopped chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring well after every 20 seconds until melted and smooth.
Step 2: Wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the white sugar, eggs, and egg yolk for 3 minutes. Then whisk in the oil, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate mixture, just until combined.
Step 3: Dry ingredients: Gently fold in the cocoa powder, flour, and salt using a rubber spatula. Then fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Step 4: Bake. Scrape the batter intp the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or just until the edges are set and the middle of the brownies no longer jiggle.
PRO TIP! Add coarse salt to the top of the brownies once out of the oven if desired.
Keep any leftover brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Besides using your favorite chocolate chips, you could also use butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, or even chocolate chunks.
I like to add an extra egg yolk to my brownies because it makes them more fudgy in texture. Also, adding a melted chocolate bar to the brownie batter makes them super chocolatey and fudgy.
Yes you can. I recommend doubling the recipe so your brownies still turn out thick.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Brownie Recipes
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing Bowls
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (or canola)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, creating "handles" that hang over the sides. Then spray with non-stick spray.
- In a microwaveable-safe medium bowl, melt the butter and chopped chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring well after every 20 seconds until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and egg yolk for 3 minutes (this step is crucial). Whisk in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate, just until combined.
- Gently fold in the cocoa powder, flour, and salt using a rubber spatula. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie mixture into the prepared pan. Use your rubber spatula to spread out the batter evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, just until the edges are set and the middle of the brownies doesn't jiggle. You can also use a toothpick to check the center (the toothpick should come out clean with just a few crumbs).
- Allow the brownies to completely cool (about 1 hour) before slicing them into bars. Keep any leftover brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply