This No Bake Caramel Cheesecake recipe has a buttery graham cracker crust, a no bake cheesecake filling, and is topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce!
This salted caramel cheesecake is perfect to make for special holiday gatherings or any hot Summer day.
Since it's a no bake cheesecake, you don't have to worry about a hot water bath or turning on the oven!
Why You'll Love This Cheesecake
- It has a graham cracker crust.
- It's topped with salted caramel that's made from scratch.
- The vanilla cheesecake filling is super smooth and creamy.
- It's no bake, which means it's so much easier to make compared to a baked cheesecake!
Expert Baking Tips
- Cheesecake Pan: This cheesecake is assembled in a 9-inch springform pan. Spray the pan with nonstick spray, line with a parchment paper circle, and then spray again. This will make removing the cheesecake super easy once set.
- Crust: Be sure to compact the crust into the prepared pan. I use my hands and the bottom of a ¼ measuring cup to help with this.
- Whipped Cream: Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake batter using a rubber spatula. If you are too rough, the cheesecake might not set up properly.
- Chill Time: It will take at least 6 hours for the cheesecake to chill. If you can do it overnight, even better!
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers: Use a food processor to pulse into fine crumbs. You could also use vanilla wafers.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is used in both the crust and caramel.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Do not substitute with heavy cream. They are not the same!
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat cream cheese, not the low fat version.
- Yogurt: You can use either vanilla or plain yogurt. You could also substitute this ingredient for sour cream.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this easy caramel cheesecake.
Step 1: Make the crust. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter (it should feel like wet sand).
Press the crumbs into a prepared springform pan and place in the freezer.
Step 2: Make the whipped cream. In a large bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks.
Place in a separate bowl.
Step 3: Beat the cream cheese. In that same large mixing bowl using the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until combined.
Step 4: Add the wet ingredients. Add the yogurt and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined.
Step 5: Fold everything together. Gently fold in the whipped cream and scrape the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan. Use an offset spatula to smooth out.
Step 6: Chill. Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Step 7: Make the caramel. Melt the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Then whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
Add the salt and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Cool completely.
Check out my simple homemade caramel sauce recipe for more step by step details.
Keep any individual slices of cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
This can happen if you didn't let it chill long enough in the refrigerator or you overmixed the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
I don't recommend it because it would not be able to hold all of the cheesecake filling. Making your own crust is super easy, so you've got this!
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Cheesecake Recipes
No Bake Caramel Cheesecake
- 9 Inch Springform Pan
- Food Processor
- Electric Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
Graham Cracker Crust
- 16 graham crackers (about 2 ¼ cups)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 ounces block-style cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup yogurt (plain or vanilla), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar (make sure it's labeled "pure cane")
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and then more nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Use a food processor or blender to pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and use your fingers or the bottom of a ¼ measuring cup to press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks (2-3 minutes). Scrape the whipped cream into a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl (you don't have to clean it first) but using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy (1-2 minutes). Scrape the sides of the bowl a few times during this process.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and use a rubber spatula to gently fold in a ½ cup of whipped cream. Once combined, fold in the rest.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust and use an offset spatula to spread it out evenly. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium-heat, add the sugar. Once the sugar starts to melt and clump together, continuously whisk it until completely melted. Allow the melted sugar to sit until it starts to turn amber in color (about 10-15 seconds). Then remove it from the heat.
- Add the cubed butter and constantly whisk it until melted. Then add the heavy whipping cream, whisking constantly until incorporated. Then whisk in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot caramel into a glass bowl, jar, or container and cool completely before using. The caramel will thicken up as it cools down.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled, remove the pan. Pour on the salted caramel sauce and serve.
- Keep any leftover cheesecake slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.