These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars have an even layer of fresh strawberries that sits in between a buttery oatmeal crust and crumble topping. Serve these with breakfast or as sweet treats for dessert!
This recipe was originally published in June of 2020, but was updated on April 12, 2023 with newer content and fresh pictures.
These strawberry oat bars are like a soft and chewy granola bar, but with fresh fruit and so much more flavor.
The buttery crumble is both the crust and topping, so these are such a quick and easy breakfast bar recipe to prepare!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Then check out these: chocolate chip donuts, strawberry pop tarts, and triple berry muffins.
Why You'll Love These Fruit Bars
- The strawberry mixture can be made with either fresh or frozen strawberries.
- The oatmeal layers are both sweet and chewy.
- Fresh strawberry flavor can be tasted with every bite.
- You can enjoy them for breakfast, snack, or as a light dessert.
- They stay soft and chewy for days!
Fresh fruit in any dessert is so so good, especially with these easy strawberry oatmeal bars!
But, if you're more of a chocolate fan, then definintely check out these Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars.
Expert Baking Tips
- Baking Pan: Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little hanging over the sides to serve as a "handle." This makes it extremely easy to remove the bars from the pan once they're cooled. Then grease with cooking spray.
- Crust/Topping: Both the bottom crust and crumble topping are made from the same mixture. Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup for topping the strawberries before baking.
- Chilling: Once the bars are removed from the oven allow them to cool for 15 minutes before placing them into the refrigerator. I recommend they chill for 1 hour before slicing into bars.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Use old-fashioned oats (also called rolled oats). Do not substitute them for quick oats.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour.
- Brown Sugar: If you want minimal sugar in these bars, then just replace the brown sugar with honey.
- Honey: Adds sweetness and helps to bind the crumble ingredients together.
- Cinnamon: I like to add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to enhance the flavors. You can leave it out if you'd like.
- Strawberries: Bright red and juicy strawberries are what you want. The more ripe they are, the better!
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make these strawberry bars.
Step 1: Make the crust/crumble topping. In a medium or large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, melted butter, brown sugar, honey, beaten egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
Reserve a 1/2 cup of the oat mixture for later and press the rest of it into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Step 2: Prepare the strawberries. In a small bowl, toss together the diced strawberries, flour, sugar, and lemon juice.
Step 3: Assemble. Pour the strawberry filling over the top of the crust and spread it out evenly.
Step 4: Bake. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or just until the top begins to turn light brown.
Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator.
Keep any leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can. Just be sure to dice them up. I recommend they sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes so they can thaw a little first.
Yes you can! Bake them in a 9x13-inch pan.
You can easily swap out the strawberries for any other fresh berries you may prefer. Also, you could top your bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even sweeter sweet treat!
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and star rating below. I love hearing from you! Also, please tag me on Instagram and check out my Pinterest for even more recipe ideas.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little to hang over the sides, serving as a "handle." Then grease with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, flour, melted butter, brown sugar, honey, beaten egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Reserve a ½ cup of the oat mixture for the crumble topping and press the rest of the oat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing it down with your fingers until even.
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries, flour, sugar, and lemon juice until combined. Pour on top of the oat crust and spread out until even.
- Evenly sprinkle the ½ cup of oat crumbles over the top of the strawberry filling. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or just until the top begins to brown. Cool for 15 minutes on the counter before placing it into the refrigerator. Allow the bars to completely cool before slicing into bars.
- Keep any leftover bars in an airtight container in the refirgerator for up to 5 days.
Yum! What a delicious recipe. Strawberry oats is such a great combo. Thanks for sharing. -Danielle