These Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes have a buttery graham cracker crust, mini chocolate chips folded into the the cream cheese mixture, and are topped with homemade whipped cream!
This easy chocolate chip cheesecake is decorated on top with mini chocolate chip cookies. You can either make your own or use Chips Ahoy like I did.
The graham cracker crust also pairs perfectly with the creamy cheesecake filling!
Why You'll Love This Cheesecake
- They're bite-sized and baked in a muffin pan.
- The cheesecake filling is super smooth and creamy.
- Mini chocolate chips are tasted in every bite.
- Because they're mini, they don't require a water bath or springform pan.
- From start to finish they're super easy to make!
These mini cheesecakes are sure to be an instant crowd pleaser that would be perfect for any special occasion!
And, because they take significantly less time to bake compared to a full-sized cheesecake, they're ready way sooner too.
Expert Baking Tips
- Muffin Pan: This recipe can easily be made in a 12-count muffin pan. I recommend lining your pan with cupcake liners, but if you don’t have any, use non-stick spray to generously grease each muffin cup.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Remove the cream cheese, yogurt, and eggs from the refrigerator 1 hour before you want to start baking.
- Bake Time: Be sure that the cheesecakes are completely set and baked through before chilling on the counter. They should bake anywhere between 15-20 minutes.
Here are some notes on the ingredients we'll be using. For the full ingredients list, look at the recipe card below.
- Graham Crackers: I used original, but if you wanted to make a chocolate cookie crust instead, use Oreos or chocolate graham crackers.
- Cream Cheese: Brick-style, NOT the spreadable kind.
- Yogurt: I always add a little bit of yogurt to my cheesecakes. It adds even more creaminess and I love the flavor. If you don't have yogurt, you could substitute it for sour cream.
- Eggs: Two large eggs at room temperature are needed.
- Chocolate Chips: I used mini chocolate chips.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Do not substitute with heavy cream. They're not interchangeable when making whipped cream.
- Cookies: I used Chips Ahoy mini cookies to decorate the tops of the cheesecakes.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to make this chocolate chip cheesecake recipe.
Step 1: Make the crust. Use a food processor to crumble the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
Then combine the crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Bake the crust. Disperse the graham cracker crumbs into each cupcake liner, pressing down firmly. Bake for 5 minutes in a 325 degree oven and set aside to cool.
Step 3: Beat the cream cheese. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until smooth.
PRO TIP! Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula as needed to avoid a lumpy cheesecake.
Step 4: Add the wet ingredients. Add the yogurt and vanilla extract on medium speed and mix until combined. Then mix in the eggs, one at a time, on low speed just until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
Step 5: Bake. Evenly distribute the cheesecake mixture over the crust and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Chill for 45 minutes on the counter and then for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Step 6: Make the whipped cream. Using the electric mixer again, beat together the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
Step 7: Assemble. Top the chilled cheesecakes with the whipped cream and mini cookies.
Keep any leftover cheesecakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If leaving in the muffin pan, cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cheesecakes are done baking when they barely jiggle when moving the pan. You can also touch the centers and if it's firm, they're done.
You could add crush cookies on top or even drizzle on some chocolate ganache.
Yes! This is a perfect dessert to make the night before. Simply let the cheesecakes chill overnight and then serve the next day.
It brings me so much joy to see you make my recipes. 🙂
More Mini Cheesecake Recipes
Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
- 12-count muffin pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Electric Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
Graham Cracker Crust
- 7 graham crackers, crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 12 ounces brick-style cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup yogurt (plain or vanilla), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 mini chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven 325 degrees and line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place the graham cracker sheets into a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt.
- Evenly disperse the graham cracker crumbs into the cupcake liners, pressing down firmly (use your fingers or a ¼ measuring cup). Bake for 5 minutes and set aside to cool while making the cheesecake filling.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Scrape the sides of the bowl a few times during this process.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined. Then add the eggs, mixing on low-medium speed, until just incorporated. Remove the bowl from the stand and fold in the mini chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Evenly distribute the cheesecake filling into the cupcake liners, covering the graham cracker crust (I used my #24 cookie scoop). Place the muffin pan into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes are set (if the cheesecakes jiggle when shaken, they're not done yet).
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for 45 minutes on the counter and then cover the entire muffin pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Top the chilled cheesecakes with the whipped cream and one mini chocolate chip cookie.
- Keep any leftover mini cheesecakes in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.